United Way of the Lakelands I Financial Consultant RFP
Mission: To connect people, resources, and organizations to create a thriving community for all.
Vision: An equitable community where opportunity is not limited, and every member reaches their full potential.
Scope of Work
This finance engagement opportunity is created to fulfill the fiscal requirements of managing the United Way of the Lakelands. This includes shared responsibility for the organization's overall budget working with the President & CEO and staff to fulfill fiscal requirements, comprehensive utilization of the accounting software (QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel) for daily operations, forecasting and annual auditing preparation for an external auditor.
Core Duties & Responsibilities
- Keep the President and Board of Directors apprised of the organization's financial status (inclusive of presenting monthly financials, cash flow, and balance sheet reports to the President, management team, and Board of Directors)
- Prepare and submit financial status reports and budget analyses to various funding sources
- Prepare monthly budget reports/actual expenditure and revenue reports for the President and the Board of Directors
- Prepare for and serve as the agency's liaison for the annual independent financial audit
- Post-year-end accruals and adjusting entries for the auditor
- Provide informational reports as needed including, but not limited to, vendor analysis, detailed transaction ledgers, trial balances
- Record payroll journal entries
- Prepare monthly bank account reconciliations for five (5) bank accounts
- Process accounts receivable and other income deposits
- Reconcile batches to a spreadsheet and reconcile them with the month-end report
- Monthly EFT entry recorded
- Monitor functional areas (fiscal and payroll) to ensure compliance with United Way requirements and local, state, and federal regulations
- Ensure payroll taxes are paid accurately and timely
- Assist with financial policy and procedures revisions as needed
- Assist with the preparation of United Way's total annual budget
- Prepare and submit all budget revisions and amendments related to administrative budgets
- Coordinate budget revisions and amendments with President & CEO to ensure cross-communication and efficiency
- Input budgets into QuickBooks and update as revisions and amendments are made
- Maintain fixed assets and calculation of depreciation
- Prepare annual 1099
Supervision (direct and/or indirect):
- Review work of personnel who work on financial tasks; check for accuracy and compliance; answer questions and provide guidance
- Promote the consistent exchange of information and a cooperative environment
- Attend designated Finance Committee meetings
- Attend other meetings as appropriate
Marisel Losa, President & CEO
As a believer in the power of committed volunteers to positively impact communities, the United Way Association of South Carolina is a proud Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.