About AmeriCorps South Carolina
Service Focus Areas
- Disaster Services
- Economic Opportunity
- Environmental Stewardship
- Healthy Futures
- Veterans & Military Families
What We Fund
- Salaries and benefits for staff who will administer the AmeriCorps program and/or manage AmeriCorps Members.
- Operational expenses such as recruitment costs, travel, training, supplies, member gear, background checks, etc.
- AmeriCorps Member living allowance, health insurance, FICA taxes, and workers compensation insurance.
The following Non-Federal entities who obtain a DUNS number and become registered in System for Award Management (SAM) in advance of submitting a grant proposal are eligible to host an AmeriCorps program:
- Faith-based institutions
- Indian tribes
- Local governments
- Nonprofit organizations
- School districts and institutions of higher education
- State Agencies
How to Apply
The SC Service Commission anticipates that it will release the 2021/21 AmeriCorps SC Notice of Funding Opportunity in December 2020. To add your organization to our grant opportunity notification list, please complete this brief ONLINE FORM.
Organizations that may be interested in applying for AmeriCorps funding, are also encourage to view the following 1hr online learning module, which outlines the intend of AmeriCorps funding, as well as key areas of understanding for applying for funding. AMERICORPS GRANT APPLICANT TRAINING MODULE
The SC Service Commission is currently hosting a COVID-19 Planning Grant Competition that is open to current grantees that either host an AmeriCorps SC National Competitive program or a Professional Corps program. For more details on how to apply, email Brent.Kossick@uwasc.org.