About AmeriCorps South Carolina
Service Focus Areas
- Disaster Services
- Economic Opportunity
- Environmental Stewardship
- Healthy Futures
- Veterans & Military Families
What We Fund
- Salaries and benefits for staff who will administer the AmeriCorps program and/or manage AmeriCorps Members.
- Operational expenses such as recruitment costs, travel, training, supplies, member gear, background checks, etc.
- AmeriCorps Member living allowance, health insurance, FICA taxes, and workers compensation insurance.
The following Non-Federal entities who obtain a DUNS number and become registered in System for Award Management (SAM) in advance of submitting a grant proposal are eligible to host an AmeriCorps program:
- Faith-based institutions
- Indian tribes
- Local governments
- Nonprofit organizations
- School districts and institutions of higher education
- State Agencies