Current Funding Opportunities
We are currently accepting applications to the AmeriCorps SC Spring Grant Competition. The Notice of Funding Opportunity and application instructions can be found at the link below.
Important Competition Dates
- Wednesday, February 1, 2023 | Submit AmeriCorps SC Intent to Apply Form
- Friday, March 24, 2023 | Full Applications due
- June 2023 | Anticipated month that applications will receive notice of funding
- August 1, 2023 | Grant Award Issued
About AmeriCorps South Carolina
Best summarized as a domestic Peace Corps, AmeriCorps enables host agencies to recruit passionate individuals (AmeriCorps Members) who will serve to increase the capacity of their organization to expand services or engage additional beneficiaries. To help support their service, AmeriCorps Members receive both a modest living allowance and an education award that ranges between $1,342.86 to $6,345 that can be used to continue their education or pay back eligible student loans. Additionally, full-time AmeriCorps Members also receive grant-supported health insurance and childcare.
Service Focus Areas
- Disaster Services
- Economic Opportunity
- Environmental Stewardship
- Healthy Futures
- Veterans & Military Families
What We Fund
- Salaries and benefits for staff who will administer the AmeriCorps program and/or manage AmeriCorps Members.
- Operational expenses such as recruitment costs, travel, training, supplies, member gear, background checks, etc.
- AmeriCorps Member living allowance, health insurance, FICA taxes, and workers compensation insurance.
The following entities are eligible to host an AmeriCorps program and apply for AmeriCorps SC funding:
- Faith-based institutions
- Indian tribes and tribal organizations
- Labor organizations
- Nonprofit organizations
- Partnerships and consortia
- Schools, school districts, and institutions of higher education
- State and local government agencies