About AmeriCorps South Carolina
Best summarized as a domestic Peace Corps, AmeriCorps enables host agencies to recruit passionate individuals who will serve to increase the capacity of the organization to expand services or engage additional beneficiaries. To help support their service, AmeriCorps Members receive both a modest living allowance and an education award that ranges between $1,311-$6,195 that can be used to continue their education or pay back eligible student loans. Additionally, full-time AmeriCorps Members also receive grant-supported health insurance and childcare.
Service Focus Areas
- Disaster Services
- Economic Opportunity
- Environmental Stewardship
- Healthy Futures
- Veterans & Military Families
What We Fund
AmeriCorps SC grant awards typically range from $130,000 to $400,000. Organizations that are within their first three years of grant funding must provide an in-kind or cash match that supports a minimum of 24% of the total cost of operating the AmeriCorps project. Grants funds can be used to support program-related expenses such as:
- Salaries and benefits for staff who will administer the AmeriCorps program and/or manage AmeriCorps Members.
- Operational expenses such as recruitment costs, travel, training, supplies, member gear, background checks, etc.
- AmeriCorps Member living allowance, health insurance, FICA taxes, and workers compensation insurance.
The following Non-Federal entities who obtain a DUNS number and become registered in System for Award Management (SAM) in advance of submitting a grant proposal are eligible to host an AmeriCorps program:
- Faith-based institutions
- Indian tribes
- Local governments
- Nonprofit organizations
- School districts and institutions of higher education
- State Agencies
How to Apply
Please review full instructions by accessing the 2020/21 AmeriCorps SC Notice of Funding Opportunity HERE.
As part of the concept paper stage of the application process, applicants will need to complete the SC Financial Management Survey. The survey can be downloaded by clicking HERE.